Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tendinitis

Man this week was the most boring week I have experienced in a long while. This past I felt some pain on my right arm and surely enough was my tendinitis coming back to hunt me. Every time I start to push my limits in climbing I get this. I do realize that this is "partially" my fault because last Sunday I was so eager to try that .13d at LingShan that I did not warm up as I should have, therefore the tendinitis now. (By the way when I say that tendinitis is partially my fault it is because hard core climbers climb shit way harder than what I climb, but because they have tendons of steel they do not experience this kind of pain... i know... stop winning right!!! I wish i was a mutant too.)
Going back to why this was a boring ass week is that I did not climb this whole week and because of the tendinitis I was also not able to exercise my arms which are so dearly needed for climbing. If this was a normal week I guess I wouldn't mind so much, but it isn't. I have been trying this .13b at LingShan... an unclimbed .13b and one of the climbing guys from Hangzhou has heard about my attempts on the climb and now has decided to try to tackle the First Ascent before me... guess what... the RACE IS ON!!!

I am now recovered from my tendinitis (at least it feels this way... we will see tomorrow when I go back to training) and I am ready to get on the route again. I am waiting for my Thursday warrior partner Bob to come back from Yangshuo so that we can head back to Hangzhou and do what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment